The GPIA Jerusalem exhibits a number of pottery vessels and other items. Which have been exhibited by D. Vieweger in a small museum since 2006.
These items are mainly duplicates of artifacts from excavations conducted in Jericho, Megiddo and Taanach before World War II. Many items were lost after the war.
There are 18 ossuaries and three lids in the institute. Two wooden models from the 19th century (a contour map and the foundations of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre) are important records of the great Jerusalem expert Conrad Schick. (H. Goren – R. Rubin: PEQ 128, 1996, 118-121). Several stone models of tombs, wine presses, olive mills and private houses were made on Dalman’s initiative in 1907, and are on view at the institute. Dalman’s ethnological collection is housed at the Gustaf Dalman Institute in Greifswald, Germany.
Dalman put together large collections of illustrative material for his wide range of lectures. Beside a collection of pottery and ossuaries, the museum contained herbaries, rock samples, native song-birds, the two models donated by Conrad Schick (City model of Jerusalem; model of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre) and ossuaries.
The ethnological collection of the museum contained tools for the house, farm and work and local musical instruments. Dalman himself commented on his variety as follows: “The contents of our museum show that the assumption that our institutes only concern is antiquities is incorrect. The whole world of Palestine – both living and dead – is the institutes field of work.